Prince Philip Hospitalized Due to an Infection

A Palace spokesperson said that Prince Philip’s admission to hospital is a precautionary measure and stems as a result of a pre-existing condition.

PRINCE Philip has left hospital after receiving treatment for an infection.

Buckingham Palace said Wednesday June 21, 2017 that Prince Philip has been admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital for treatment of an.

And on Thursday, the Queen’s second-eldest son, Prince Andrew, accompanied her on the third day of the Royal Ascot races.

The Palace said the duke, who carried out 219 public engagements previous year, was being treated for a pre-existing medical condition.

He has suffered a blocked coronary artery and a severe bladder infection in recent years but has been in generally good health.

Last month, Phillip announced that he would be stepping down from public engagements, with Buckingham Palace stating the decision was fully supported by the queen.

For more from the Royals, watch the clip below!

The Duke was at the Queen’s side on Tuesday for the opening day of Royal Ascot and a source said he was on “good form” during the event.

The 91-year-old, pictured at Royal Ascot on Wednesday, is receiving updates on her husband’s health as she sticks to her busy schedule.

Prince Philip attended the racing at Ascot on Tuesday, and the annual birthday parade for the Queen, known as Trooping the Colour, on Saturday.

Philip has previously been admitted to hospital for a bladder infection, and for abdominal investigations.

“His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has decided that he will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *